REQUEST BY TENANT FOR PERMISSION
TO FIX AN ITEM TO A WALL
This request form should be completed if you wish to fix anything to a wall that will make a visible hole or mark. It is essential that any wall fixings are done competently.
At the end of your tenancy, if it has been agreed that the fixture is removed, the decor must be made good to ensure that it is left in the condition it would have been if no fixings had been made.
- UPVC doors and windows must not be punctured or drilled as this could invalidate the installers warranty.
- When drilling walls a stud/pipe/wiring scanner should be used to check that you are not drilling through cables or pipes.
- Some walls have tanking membranes. If these are punctured the consequences can be serious and very expensive.
- Using the correct type if fixing is essential, for example masonary rawl plugs will not work in a studded wall – you should use a specialist fitting. The fixings that come with for instance curtain rails are usually totally inadequate.
You must NOT carry out any WORK
until you receive written permission
* Items marked with an asterisk must be completed